Beauty and natural health!
It's no longer a secret ...!
Olive oil is a vegetable oil consisting mainly of monounsaturated fatty acids. It contains chlorophyll and is also rich in vitamin E and provitamin A since it contains carotene.
Not to mention these powerful antioxidants that are polyphenols!
Polyphenols are organic substances found in plants. They have very important "antioxidant" properties that effectively fight free radicals. Hence the importance of consuming regularly in our diet.
Did you say monounsaturated fatty acids?
YES ... Essentially oleic acid or better known as omega 9. Monounsaturated fatty acids are present in our diet whether it is of animal or vegetable origin. The greatest concentration is in olive oil.
Olive oil is classified according to well-established rules (International Olive Council) ranging from virgin olive oil to simple olive oil to extra virgin, fine virgin, refined or still that of olive pomace.
It is in fact a question on the one hand, of cold pressure or not, of a degree of acidity more or less high or even refining.
But for the consumer, all this may seem more or less complicated when one simply seeks to get a good oil manufactured as naturally as possible. First of all, the most important thing is to check whether the extra virgin (or extra virgin) mention appears on the label as well as "First cold press". Then to further refine the quality it is advisable to inquire about other criteria like the origin or the producer. And as much as possible remember to consume oils from organic farming.
Olive oil is also the only oil to have its own wines and classifications such a wine. It has its "tasters", its competitions, its tasting salons, its specialized shops, its regulations, its associations, its decrees, its committee, its union, its fairs and even ... its museums! (The museums of the olive tree of Draguignan, Nyons, Baux de Provence, Cagnes-sur-Mer, Salon de Provence and many others).
Olive oil a real health treasure!
Here is an overview of the main properties of this legendary oil, confirmed in recent years by the discoveries of the medical world*:
- It is nourishing, soothing, healing, sedative, cholagogue, laxative and purgative.
- It cleans the liver and gallbladder and facilitates the evacuation of secretions.
- It lowers the level of bad cholesterol (LDL) by increasing the rate of the good (HDL).
- It has an anti-inflammatory action.
- It protects the heart, prevents recurrence of heart attack and arises in prevention and treatment of cardiovascular diseases.
- It is a powerful antioxidant that fights greasy clumps on the walls of the arteries.
- It would reduce the risk of colon cancer and breast cancer.
- It makes it easier to remove parasites from the body.
- It aids digestion, prevents constipation and calms heartburn and gastritis.
- It also fights against osteoporosis, has a beneficial action on diabetes and hypertension.
- Applied to insect bites, it calms pain, prevents swelling and infection.
And this is only a glimpse of the extent of its properties applied to the field of health. Already in antiquity, Hippocrates, Averroes, Pliny and many others praised and used his virtues ..
Side tips ...
(Excerpted from "Vegetable oils for your health" at Dangles).
"To fight against the excesses of the table and the aftermath of feasts, take a good tablespoon before you sit down to table. "
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.