OLIVIE BABY/KIDS, the natural cure for diaper rash!*
Your baby :
- has red buttocks, hot and painful;
- has red patches, sometimes bordered with small red dots, on the buttocks, thighs and genitals.
What is diaper rash?
Diaper rash, or dermatitis of the seat, is an inflammation of the skin caused by prolonged contact of the baby's skin with a stain soaked in stool or urine. It can also be caused by irritation from the detergent or softener used to wash cotton diapers, or from a substance in the disposable diapers. Sometimes the lesions are infected by a fungus (candidase) or by a bacterium for example after antibiotic treatment. It should be known that antibiotics also destroy the useful bacteria that protect against infections. The infection can then spread to other areas of your baby's skin, especially the folds in the neck, groin, between the buttocks, between the toes, etc. (Intertrigo). Although benign and usually without serious consequences, diaper rash is painful.
Age: Diaper rash appears during the first 15 months of life, most often between the 8th month and the 10th month.
Duration of inflammation: 2 days to 4 days, sometimes more.
Contagion: Erythema is not contagious in itself, but fungus infection (candidiasis) can be contagious in direct contact.
Care and practical advice
- Change your baby's diaper as soon as it is soiled with urine or stool.
- When changing diapers, gently wash the buttocks with a washcloth and lukewarm water with OLIVIE BABY / KIDS olive oil (available at the pharmacy). Avoid soap or choose a mild, hypoallergenic soap. Dry the skin by wiping it with a clean towel (do not rub).OLIVIE BABY / KIDS is an olive oil specially adapted for babies and children, is perfect for babies' skin, its effectiveness is proven against the skin. erythema by renowned Moroccan pediatricians. Two applications a day are recommended by gently massaging the irritated area.
- Before putting on a clean diaper, protect the skin by applying some petroleum jelly, or an unscented ointment based on zinc oxide or petroleum jelly.
- Do not apply talcum powder because this product can irritate your child's lungs.
- Super absorbent diapers have been shown to reduce seat dermatitis as they reduce skin moisture. It is desirable to favor this type of diaper rather than cotton diapers if your baby is suffering from seat dermatitis.
- Make sure your baby has buttocks in the air as often as possible.
How to prevent?
- Wash your hands and clean your child's hands after each diaper change to minimize the risk of infection.
- Avoid wearing diapers that are too tight and plastic panties that prevent air from circulating.
- If you are using disposable diapers, try different brands; some are less irritating than others.
- If you can, breastfeed your baby: breastfed children are less likely to get diaper rash.
Discover all the benefits of olive oil OLIVIE BABY / KIDS that can also be mixed orally with your baby's milk or soup to ensure less constipation, less colic, and good growth naturally.
Order online at www.oliviehealth.us
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.